Sunday, November 15, 2015

Put A Poncho On It

Hello everyone!!!

This is the second look for Pepper of Pretty Plus Pep and I's collaboration for the ENTIRE month of November, "Bee and Pep Does Plaid."


I really like the effortless chic looks that ponchos and capes give simple outfits. I was a little apprehensive about trying them, because I did not want to look bulky with the extra fabric on my shoulders and around waist. To avoid the bulky look, I decided to add a belt! The belt created a nice waist line and improved the overall silhouette of the look.    


I wanted the attention to be on the cape so I only added lace up burgundy booties and simple necklace to complete this look.


Style Note: With capes and ponchos, fit is key. I am wearing XL/XXL. I could have sized down if I did not add a belt. Also, this ponch is faux wool, but it did keep me warm.





Outfit Details
Poncho: Old Navy (here)
Dress: UrbanOG (here)
Booties: Zulily (similar) (sign up here)

Be sure to check out Pepper's first look HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.