Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Journey To Weight Loss Surgery

Hey curvies!!! 

If you follow my fitness page on Instagram you may have noticed my drastic name change and a date. My second Instagram account is now Curvybee_RNY_ (here). Since January of this year I have been on this Weight Loss Surgery (wls) journey with the support from Nurse Practitioner (NP), surgeon, my family, boyfriend, and friends I am proud to say I will be having my surgery May 12, 2017. 

I remember researching weight loss surgery options and even reaching out to Stavana Black about three years ago. I was very serious about hearing from real people who have went through surgical weight loss. After doing a lot of research back in 2014, I met with my NP and told her about my plan. She then informed me I would be an ideal candidate and advised me to talk with my insurance company. My insurance company did not offer any coverage at the time and I set out to try to achieve my goals on my own. It was hard for me to lose a little weight but easy to gain weight back plus more. One thing for sure was that I never gave up on myself. Which leads me to here...

With this journey it required something that I never seemed to achieve, accountability. I remember being so hard on myself the moment I stepped on the scale for my first visit both anxious and nervous feeling like that was the last time I would ever see that number again. I knew I needed to lose weight. On one hand I thought that there was still hope for me to do it on my own, on the other hand I wanted to start this process that I set out to do 3 years ago. Then my NP explained to how the constant yo-yo dieting since the age of 18 caused me to have metabolic issues now at 27. She also explained that ultimately this was my choice and advised me to attend a Surgical Weight Loss Seminar being held by one of the surgeons. 

This journey will come with a series blog posts. Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Robert Anthony said,“Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.” I salute you on stepping out and making this wish, this dream a reality and having the courage to share it with others, Courageously Bee ;)! Praying that your entire journey is a SUCCESS!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.